Saturday, March 26, 2011

Waiting...

So, it has been nearly a week since my wife's due date has passed and we still have no baby.

We've been trying to keep ourselves busy and doing a few things that might help induce labor (or, as Hypnobabies likes to call it, "Birthing Time"). Every day we had been going for walks in various places such as the mall and the botanical gardens. Last night, we tried various acupressure points (even if they don't really work, it doesn't hurt to try). This morning we had spicy food. We've spent time with babies and we've even... ahem... stimulated the flow of oxytocin. All of these supposedly help induce labor, but they haven't had any effect yet. I was even hoping that the full moon on the 19th (closest in 18 years) would make a difference. But alas! Our baby has not yet decided on a birthday.

School starts back up on Monday and I have to make some important decisions about the future of my schooling, my career, and my family. Hopefully the baby will come soon! Tomorrow we see the midwife again.

No comments:

Post a Comment