Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Conversations with a 3-year-old Part 2

While walking Addy to the car from the grocery store and strapping her in, she decided to sing.  She does this a lot, and usually randomly.  More often than not, nowadays, it is one or two repeated lines from the movie "Frozen."  I am sure that I am not the only parent who has experienced this.

She has been known to scream "Here I stand!  and here I stand!  and here I stand!" while pounding her foot on the ground and making an invisible castle rise up around her.

This time, however, she decided to change the words.  I think you'll agree, we have a singer-songwriter on our hands.

The first thing she was "singing" at the top of her lungs was "It's ALL my fault!  All my fault!!"

She did this maybe 6 or 7 times.  Now, she doesn't know was "fault" really means, at least I don't think she does.  If I apologize to her for something I shouldn't have done, like eating her food or raising my voice, I'll usually say, "I'm sorry, i was my fault."  She will respond with, "No!  It's MY fault!" as if possession of the fault is desirable.  Then again, maybe she really does want things to be her fault.

So as I start to put her in the car, she changes the song.  "Let it go!!  Let it go!  Let it GOO!!!  HERE I stand!  And HERE I stand!"

Adorable, no?  But finally, when I get her buckled into her car seat, she starts bobbing her head from side to side and changes up the song entirely.  "Peace like a RIVER!  Peace like A RIVER!  My SOOUUL!!"

It's then that I realize she has just solved every problem of mankind in one three-year-old's song.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I always enjoy seeing you guys each week, and watching Addy always makes me smile! She's so full of joy and life! You are a blessed man Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy seeing you guys, too! It's good to be able to make friends in our new home!

      Delete