Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Great Pacifier Hunt

Before Addy was born, my sister very thoughtfully sent us some pacifier clips that not only keep her pacifiers attached to her, but also keep them rather visible.

I hope we are not the only parents who are on a constant search for pacifiers.

We currently own 4 that she will actually use, along with 3 clips.  But at any one time there may be only 2 that we can find, if we're lucky.  And it's random as to when one will surface or disappear.  Sometimes they are near her crib, sometimes they are in a couch cushion, and once I found one buried under a cat bed.  For some time now, the yellow clip and its pacifier have been missing.  I searched the whole house, but I still hadn't been able to find it.  That is until today.

We got home from running errands and Addy wanted to play in the leaves in our front yard.  She loves to play in them and throw them over her head.  This time she wanted to be buried in them.

Imagine my surprise when I dig her up and sitting right there next to her, happy as the day is long, is the yellow paci.  It had been buried in the leaves of the front yard for who-knows-how-long.

I guess next time I'm missing a pacifier, I'll have to remember to search outside as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment