Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beamline Day 3

Every Thursday, Addy and I go to a toddler playground that the local library hosts.  It's an hour of songs, some books, toys, and interacting with people our respective ages.  After being locked in the house all day yesterday (save for that little stunt to the pharmacy drive-through), I was looking forward to a chance to get out of the house and let her run around.  I thought that she would be feeling better,  I was wrong.

All day she's has been nothing more than a leaky faucet of snot and drool.  I can't even begin to tell you how many tissues I went through wiping her little nose.  Or how many times she got to it before I did.  It'll be a miracle if I don't catch this as well.

I did not think it safe for Addy to take her out into the cold, now would it be safe to expose other children to her disease, so we stayed home again today.  Now I'm starting to get cabin fever.

I wish there was more to say about dealing with a sick one.  She's danced, she's sneezed, she's learned how to use the squirt bottle to torment me, the cats, the books, and the computers while giggling madly...  We did get to webcam with Amy today, but Addy was preoccupied with my laptop's track pad most of the time.  Still, it was very nice to get to see her.

In other news, more people read my blogs than I thought.  I consistently get 20 hits per post, and wen I mentioned my child vomiting, I had 4 times that!

Perhaps I should mention vomit on a regular basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment